Sunbeam Fostering are currently recruiting foster carers!
• An opportunity to make a positive difference to children's lives
• Commitment to excellence
• Up to £650 allowance per child per week
• 24 hours support / 7 days a week / 365 days a year
• Excellent ongoing training programme
There are many children and young people who need the support of foster carers.
What you need to start fostering
• A spare bedroom
• Maturity, physical and emotional stamina
• Ability to see beyond children's behaviour and link it to past trauma where applicable
• Empathy and ability to nurture children and/or young people
• Ability to work with a child's parents, Local Authority, Sunbeam and other professionals
Why should you foster a child?
At present, there is a large demand for foster carers who are able to care for sibling groups, teenagers and children & young people with complex needs. According to the latest figures, at 31st March 2017, there were 72, 670 looked after children, an increase of 3% on 2016. So there is a greater demand of foster carers across the UK, if you can help, we would love to hear from you.
We need foster carers from a wide range of backgrounds, races and religion. This is because all children have their own unique and individual background and heritage. You do not need to be married, own a house or have children of your own but to be strong, resilient and to have a spare bedroom.
Fostering is the opportunity to make a positive difference to children’s lives.
Learn more and apply now.